Where: David Evans and Associates
2100 SW River Pkwy
Portland, OR 97201
[ Map and Directions ]
Topic: Best Practices for Publishing Geoprocessing Tools: Tips and Tricks
Eric Sack, GISP Technology Associates
Technology Associates developed a sophisticated geoprocessing application using Python and ModelBuilder that is published to ArcGIS Server, to perform geospatial analysis on over 100 data layers that ask questions such as:
- What environmental layers intersects the project area within specified buffer distances?
- How far features are from work sites?
- What are the temporary or permanent impacts in acres for each site?
- What is the elevation and centroid coordinates (in 8 different systems) for each worksite?
- Reports on frequency of occurrence for RT&E species and closest occurrence.
An Environmental Screening Report is generated from geoprocessing results using an XML Reader to render results. As part of the geoprocessing task, Technology Associates developed a separate model used for refreshing the FGDB schema. This minimizes application down-time during data refreshes, cuts hand-on pre-processing time and primes the GIS data for optimized geoprocessing speed.