The OR-URISA Emerging Professionals (EP) Mentorship Program introduces new GIS professionals (0-5 years of experiences) and students (college students with some GIS coursework) to established GIS professionals (5+ years experience). The program’s goal is to help connect professionals, foster continuing relationships, and share resources that create opportunities for success for emerging professionals.
The EPs will provide ideas, activities, and opportunities for professional development throughout the six-month program, such as resume reviewing, job shadowing, networking opportunities, brown bag lunch series, promote professional development events, opportunity to present at GIS in Action, develop goals and set an action plan, and learn new skills.
Location: Rogue Brewery Eastside Pub and Pilot Brewery at 928 SE 9th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
Events to Connect with Mentor Cohort
Below are events that occur within the program. Dates are tentative and could change.
Kick-off Event: (Saturday, December 9, 2023 10am-12pm)
Mid-program Check-in (March 2024)
GIS in Action (April 2024)
Program Closing Event (June 2024)
• Get exposure to a real-life professional workplace setting
• Learn the tricks of the trade from an industry veteran
• Scope out potential career paths
• Take your professionalism to the next level; challenge yourself, set higher goals and take risks
• Develop increased competencies and stronger interpersonal skills
• Gain increased visibility in the field
• Find your self-confidence
• Re-energize your career